Pauper Travel

A blog dedicated to ultra-cheap travel. Based on my book "Travel Cheap-Travel Well!- Confessions Of A Travleing Pauper. You can learn how a Pauper travels like a King---all the time!

Monday, September 18, 2006

My Water Heater Is On Vacation


Turn down your water heater!

We all know to adjust our thermostats before we leave on a Pauper adventure, but did you ever think about your water heater? With gas prices sky-high, every little bit helps. Just before my last trip, I looked at my water heater and was very surprised to find a "vacation" setting. It keeps the water warm but not as hot as you'd need to run a household. If your water heater deosn't have a special setting, check the owner's manual for info on lowering the temperature. And don't forget to turn it back to normal when you return from Zimbabwe.

I'm still looking for new subscribers to my quirky newsletter! Get it free by sending a blank e-mail to: paupernews@prosender.com

We'll have a lot of fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home